The purpose of this award, named in honor of Dr. Bryan Patterson, is to support student field work in Vertebrate Paleontology. Particular consideration is given to proposals for field work that are innovative rather than routine, venturesome rather than predictable, unusual rather than run-of-the-mill.
- Applicants and their sponsors must be current SVP members. You will not be able to apply for the award unless your membership is current in the system.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please utilize the SVP online award submission system to apply. Any materials sent by e-mail, fax or mail will NOT be reviewed. Once you click “submit” the award application is complete so be sure to double check that all fields and uploads are exactly as you wish BEFORE clicking “submit”. Be sure to name all uploaded documents with your name and a description of the attachment (i.e. John Smith Photo). Have the following items ready when you submit your application:
- Written statement of how the award would contribute to the success of the work (3000 character limit, includes ALL characters (letters, numbers, special hidden characters, spaces))
- Budget for the project covering major categories and detailing how the prize would be utilized.
- Title and description of the project (3000 character limit, includes ALL characters (letters, numbers, special hidden characters, spaces)
- Nominee photo
Submissions for the 2021 Patterson Memorial Grant are now closed.
Dr. Jorge Velez-Juarbe, Chair, Patterson Memorial Grant Panel