If you’ve come to this site as a teacher, we hope you’ll find productive links to sites that will help you in your work, both through enhancing your background and through offering you teaching modules and ideas.
If you’ve come to this site as a student, we hope you’ll find this an easy to use gateway to a host of interesting and authoritative sites. If you’re just browsing, welcome to the world of vertebrate paleontology, and prepare to be taken for a journey in time and space.
- The Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections
- Understanding Evolution, a website designed to highlight the processes of science in general and evolutionary science in particular
- The National Center for Science Education (NCSE) website follows current efforts to undermine the teaching of evolution, and the responses of scientists and educators to these attacks.
- The Paleontology Portal provides a curriculum and classroom resources list
- Project Exploration, more activities and lessons for teaching paleontology
For Paleontologists and Paleontology Students
- Graduate Programs in Vertebrate Paleontology
- The Paleontology Portal has a list of museums that provide paleontology content
- MorphoSource, a website that archives 3d morphology data and allows researchers to share 3d datasets they have generated
- Geological Society of America (GSA)
- The Paleontological Society
- Society for the Study of Evolution
- National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent)
- Paleontological Resources Preservation Act