The Richard Estes Memorial Grant was established to enhance graduate student research by providing an award at the annual meeting of the SVP. The award is directed toward research in nonmammalian Vertebrate Paleontology, with emphasis on systematics, morphology, biogeography and paleoecology. The review panel especially welcomes projects involving one-off field-based activities.
- Current membership in SVP is required. You will not be able to apply for the award unless your membership is current in the system.
- Applicant must be a graduate student at the time of application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please utilize the SVP online award submission system to apply. Any materials sent by e-mail, fax or mail will NOT be reviewed. Once you click “submit” the award application is complete so be sure to double check that all fields and uploads are exactly as you wish BEFORE clicking “submit”. Be sure to name all uploaded documents with your name and a description of the attachment (ie John Smith Photo). Have the following items ready when you submit your application:
- Detailed Budget Information including travel and living expenses, permit and material costs and additional expenses as well as other funding you are already receiving for the project. Clearly indicate how the award would be utilized.
- Project Description (3 pages, single-spaced maximum) Include the hypotheses you aim to test, the broader relevance to Vertebrate Paleontology, a brief outline of the timetable and logistics of your proposed project. State likely completion date for the research. Project descriptions that exceed page limits will automatically be rejected.
- Letter of Support from project advisor or major professor including full contact information.
- Nominee Photo
Click here to apply!
Submission deadline is April 23rd, 2021, at 11:59 pm EDT
Jason Head, Chair, Estes Grant Panel