This program was developed to encourage student participation in the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology annual meeting.
NOTICE FOR 2021: As the meeting this year will be virtual, the JSG Student Travel Grant will cover the cost of registration for the meeting. Recipients will not be eligible for the award at future meetings.
- Current student membership in SVP is required. You will not be able to apply for the award unless your membership is current.
- Applicants must be Undergraduate/Bachelor students, Graduate/Master students, or Doctoral students that are enrolled at a recognized academic institution.
- First author on a submitted oral or poster presentation. You must apply for the award prior to receiving confirmation of your abstract acceptance due to decision timelines. Final award decisions will be announced once abstract acceptance has been confirmed by the Program Committee.
- Previous grantees are NOT eligible.
HOW TO APPLY
Please utilize the SVP online award submission system to apply. Any materials sent by e-mail, fax or mail will NOT be reviewed. Once you click “submit” the award application is complete so be sure to double check that all fields and uploads are exactly as you wish BEFORE clicking “submit”. Be sure to name all uploaded documents with your name and a description of the attachment (i.e. John Smith Photo). Have the following items ready when you submit your application in addition to basic institution and advisor information.
- Submitted Abstract title and authorship information.
- Information about additional funding you are already receiving to attend the meeting.
- A Personal Statement describing how attending the annual meeting would contribute to your academic program (750 character limit). Note the review panel seriously consider these statements. Take special care to focus on this written statement regarding the significance of attending the meeting, it’s effective contribution to your academic program and include information about the presentation, (panel does not see submitted abstract). Lack of this statement will result in disqualification of the application.
Submissions for the 2021 JSG Student Travel Grants are now closed.
Karen Poole, Ph.D., Chair, JSG Grant Panel