Supplemental Code of Conduct (pandemic era) for Attending the 2022 SVP Annual Meeting in Person
By attending the 2022 SVP Annual Meeting in person, attendees agree to the following Code of Conduct:
- Attendees agree to adhere to federal, local and hotel guidance and to wear a mask correctly over the nose and mouth at all times when indoors at the Annual Meeting, except when eating, drinking or giving a platform presentation. N95, KN95, or KF94 masks are strongly encouraged.
- Attendees agree not to attend the Annual Meeting if they feel ill or have symptoms of COVID (cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, chills, muscle aches, sudden headache, loss of taste or smell).
- Attendees agree to adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance during travel.
- Attendees agree to respect other attendees’ green/yellow/red self-identification button with their nametags that identify the comfort level with others approaching them.
- Attendees agree to not harass other attendees, SVP staff, or venue staff for any reason, including disagreements over COVID. Mask transgressions may be reported to any SVP representative or member wearing a Safe SVP badge.
- If an attendee learns that they may have contracted COVID while attending the Annual Meeting or starts to not feel well, they agree to stay in their room and inform SVP staff by reaching out to email@example.com as soon as possible.
- If an attendee tests positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning from the Annual Meeting, the attendee will contact SVP at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so Annual Meeting attendees can be notified of a potential exposure.
Attendees agree that this Code of Conduct may change as the COVID environment changes.
Attendees will follow guidance from the national and local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
SVP is offering a virtual experience of the educational program which will be available to registrants who do not attend the 2022 SVP Annual Meeting in person.