Attendee registration for the SVP 2021 Virtual Meeting is now open!
Please be sure to review the SVP Event Code of Conduct prior to beginning your registration. You will be required to indicate that you agree to abide by this code as part of your registration.
Please note that the virtual platform will open on Monday, October 25th at 8:00am EDT through Sunday, November 21st at 11:59pm EST. Please click here for the full schedule and note the following highlights including improvements from last year:
- Monday, October 25th – uploaded talk and poster content available for viewing; delegates may begin engaging with talk and poster presenters via asynchronous Q&A through to Sunday, November 21st. Here’s what’s new this year:
- Attendees will have access to the platform for 3 more weeks than last year
- We are planning a public lecture session to open the virtual meeting. Details are forthcoming.
- Monday, November 1st – live “pre-conference” workshops will be presented to a limited number of delegates on a first come, first served basis
- Tuesday, November 2nd – live content kicks off with themed Q&A, diversity, and student and post-doc sessions, and exhibit hall opens through to Friday, November 5th. Here’s what’s new this year:
- We have added interactive “coffee breaks” at the beginning and end of each day during Tuesday through Friday. This will provide the opportunity for attendees to network beyond the formal sessions in a fashion similar to an in person experience.
- This year, the Q&A portion of the Romer Prize session will include questions from attendees who will submit their questions through the virtual platform.
- We have doubled the time allotted for all of the diversity and student and post-doc sessions. This year, these sessions will be offered each day for one hour.
- This year will record all of the “Networking Sessions” and post them to the platform for viewing by attendees who are unable to join the live session. (Please note: we will not record any Diversity or Student and Postdoc sessions)
- Friday, November 5th – final day of live content and exhibit hall
- Saturday, November 6th – 2021 SVP Awards Ceremony; Here’s what’s new this year:
- We are planning for live content this year; details are forthcoming.
- Sunday, November 21st – final day to access platform; browsing of content only; platform to close at 11:59pm EST.
As mentioned above, this year, we are offering 4 live pre-conference workshops on Monday, November 1st. These workshops are included with the price of registration however, please note that workshop registration is capped and will be granted on a first come, first served basis. Registration for these workshops will close on Wednesday, October 27th. For more information about these workshops, please click here.
Registration pricing is as follows:
|Registration Type||Member Rate||Nonmember Rate|
|Optional Full Price Regular (for members w/ grant funds to spend)||$410||$410|
|Undergraduate/Graduate Student/Transitional Early-Career Member||$50||$100|
|Middle HDI Country Regular Member*
New registration category this year!
|Middle HDI Country Undergraduate/Graduate Student/
Transitional Early-Career Member*
New registration category this year!
|Developing Country**/Institutional Member||$0||$0|
During the registration process you will be asked to specify your professional badge name. We require that all delegates include their preferred pronouns after their name, for example: she/her; they/them; he/him; or other as preferred (for further information and why this matters, see here).
To Register Online:
- Current and former SVP Members and those who attended the SVP 2020 Virtual Meeting: If you are not already logged into your SVP profile, please do so by clicking on the Log In link and entering your log-in credentials, then click on the “Meeting Registration” button to begin your registration. Please note: In order to receive member pricing, you must first join or renew your SVP membership for 2021 BEFORE registering for the meeting. Renewing members who have not yet paid the invoice for their 2021 SVP membership dues may do so by clicking on the “Renew” button on your profile overview. After completing payment for your membership invoice, you may then register for the meeting by clicking on your name, then clicking on “My Profile” in the drop-down menu that appears, then clicking on the “Meeting Registration” button to register as a member.
- Nonmembers and others who do not have an existing SVP profile: Click on the “Create an account” link on the log-in page to create a profile, then click on the “Meeting Registration” button to register as a nonmember. If you wish to join SVP as a new member for the 2021 membership year, please do so BEFORE registering for the meeting by clicking on the “join or renew/reinstate” link. After you select your desired journal delivery option and membership type and submit payment for your membership dues you may then register for the meeting by clicking on your name, then clicking on “My Profile” in the drop-down menu that appears, then clicking on the “Meeting Registration” button to register as a member.
- Special Note for Student Nonmembers: In order to receive the Undergraduate/Graduate Student nonmember registration price, you must email a copy of your valid student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be able to proceed with online registration and payment as a Student nonmember, but your registration will not be finalized until your student ID is received.
- Regular Members who have additional grant funds to spend may elect to pay the higher Optional Full Price Regular Rate of $410; otherwise, you may select the lower Regular Rate.
- Media Members: If you are a member of the working media and wish to attend the SVP Virtual Meeting in that capacity, please contact email@example.com for information about registration for media members.
To Register by Mail:
- Click here to download a printable meeting registration form which you may complete and return with your payment to:
SVP Meeting Registration
7918 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 300
McLean VA 22102
Please make checks payable to “SVP” or “Society of Vertebrate Paleontology”. We accept payment in US dollars only. Please note that payment in full must be received prior to the start of the meeting.
Cancellation, Refund, and Substitution Policy:
All registration cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee. Requests for refunds must be received via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) according to the dates indicated below:
- Refund requests received 48 hours or less after registering are eligible for a full refund, minus the cancellation fee ($50 for regular rate; $25 for student rate)
- Refund requests after the first 48 hours and before October 11th, 2021 are eligible for a refund of 50% of the registration and applicable event fees, minus the applicable cancellation fee.
- There will be no refunds for requests made on October 11th, 2021 or later.
Substitutions of registrations are permitted prior to the virtual event start date by submitting a written request to email@example.com. Only one substitution is permitted per the original registrant. The individual submitting the substitution request is responsible for all financial obligations associated with that substitution. Please include the full name and complete contact information of both the original registrant and the individual who will be attending in their place.
Please Donate to the SVP Futures Award:
As you register for the conference, please consider donating to the new SVP Futures Award, which supports summer undergraduate research projects in vertebrate paleontology by students who identify as underrepresented minority ethnic or people of color. Funds provide a competitive stipend and research costs, including travel for fieldwork. This new award has been given for the first time this year. We were only able to provide one award this year, but with your support, we will be able to expand this award to offer multiple awards to promising undergraduate researchers in vertebrate paleontology in future years. Please donate generously to help us reach our goal of raising $50,000 in 2021 so that we can continue to support and grow this new program, inspire new student researchers, and make our international society more diverse and inclusive.
Virtual Meeting Bulletin Board:
Our virtual meeting bulletin board was so successful last year that we are bringing it back in 2021. Please use this link to post items that you’d like our attendees to see on the virtual meeting bulletin board. Items can include graduate program information, off-platform networking events, job postings, and more. Please only fill out the form once you have all of the details of your listing (such as contact/host, time, date, link) ready. All submissions will be reviewed and must be approved before they will be posted to the bulletin board.
A Note to our Presenters:
Please be on the lookout for an email from our 2021 virtual platform that is scheduled to arrive on August 18th. This will include instructions for logging into the platform, uploading your bio, headshot, presentation files, etc. Please also save the date for August 23rd (time TBD) when we are planning to hold a webinar with training and a live Q&A to assist you with questions about the platform. This session will be recorded and shared with presenters for those who are unable to attend the live session.
Certificates of Attendance will be available upon request after the conclusion of the meeting. To request a Certificate of Attendance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Certificates will be provided upon verification of registration and participation in the virtual meeting.
For general questions about the SVP 2021 Virtual Meeting or assistance with registration, please contact email@example.com.