About the Society Awards Marvin and Beth Hix Preparators’ Grant
SVP is pleased to announce the Preparators’ Grant has been renamed the Marvin and Beth Hix Preparators’ Grant. The Society is pleased to honor this family with this award, which is intended to further the field of Vertebrate Paleontology through the advancement of preparation.
- Current membership in SVP is required.
You will not be able to apply for the award unless your membership is current in the system.
- Preference will be given to proposals for training apprenticeships and workshops – primarily travel expenses to learn or teach preparation.
- Committee will consider any proposal which furthers the field of vertebrate paleontology through the advancement of preparation.
How to Apply
Please utilize the SVP online award submission system to apply. Once you click "submit" the award application is complete so be sure to double check that all fields and uploads are exactly as you wish BEFORE clicking "submit"
. Be sure to name all uploaded documents with your name and a description of the attachment (ie John Smith Photo). Have the following items ready when you submit your application.
- Total budget requested from SVP with travel, living, supply and additional expenses outlined. Include information about other funding you are receiving. Clearly define how the prize will be utilized.
- Project Description: Include goals, objectives, relevant logistics and timetable. Needs to be a three-page, double spaced document.
- Three Letters of Support (with full contact information for the person providing the letter (name, institution, phone and e-mail address).
- Curriculum Vitae - including preparation and training experience
- Additional Project Personnel contact information and Curriculum Vitae
- Nominee Photo
- If application is for preparation training, a letter of support from the trainer and one from the trainer's supervisor must be provided.
2017 award submission is now open! Click here to apply.
Submission deadline is March 15, 2017, 11:59 PM US EST.
You may now view the approved 2017 award amounts HERE.
Utah Geological Survey
1594 West North Temple, Suite 3110
P.O. Box 146100
Salt Lake City UT 84114-6100
Past Award Recipients