Edwin H. and Margaret M. Colbert Student Poster Prize
|© Michael Skrepnick
Selected and presented onsite at the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology's Annual Meeting, the Edwin H. and Margaret M. Colbert Prize recognizes an outstanding student poster presentation. The prize was named in honor of the Colberts' contributions to Vertebrate Paleontology. Learn more about the Colberts.
- Current membership in SVP is required.
- The competition is open to all students who wish to present aspects of their graduate, or in exceptional cases, undergraduate Paleontologic research. Students must present in their title banner (see below) an affiliation with the academic institution where the research was or is being conducted.
- The poster must be single authored.
- One submission per year is accepted.
- Awarded individuals may not enter the competition again.
How to Apply
Please utilize the Online Abstract Submission System to apply. Any materials sent by email, fax or mail will NOT be reviewed.
- Check the box on the online abstract submission form to indicate your desire to enter your poster in the competition for the Colbert Prize.
- Posters in the competition will bear a specific marking to designate them as being part of the competition. Be alert for instructions concerning set-up times for posters.
- Preliminary judging of posters will occur after poster set-up time but prior to the regular poster session (without the presenters present). Layout and content will count equally in the judging of posters. The panel will select five finalists.
- The Colbert Prize Panel will visit finalist's posters during the regular poster session to evaluate the presenter's knowledge of the material covered in the poster. The winner will be announced at the Awards Banquet.
For more information about criteria for judging posters click here.
Award applications are now closed for 2013. Check back for 2014 early next year.
Dr. Marc E.H. Jones
School of Earth and Environmental Sceince
University of Adelaide
Adelaide, South Australia
View past award winners