Albert E. Wood Award
The purpose of this award, named in honor of Dr. Albert E. Wood, is to support student research that involves museum and university vertebrate fossil and/or natural history collections. Proposals must be for collection-based work on some aspect of vertebrate evolution, with special attention given to those that greatly enhance the value of fossil material already residing in collections. Learn more about Albert E. Wood.
- Applicant and sponsor must be current SVP members. You will not be able to apply for the award unless your membership is current in the system.
- Both graduate and undergraduate students may apply.
How to Apply
Please utilize the SVP online award submission system to apply. Any materials sent by e-mail, fax or mail will NOT be reviewed.
Once you click "submit" the award application is complete so be sure to double check that all fields and uploads are exactly as you wish BEFORE clicking "submit"
. Be sure to name all uploaded documents with your name and a description of the attachment (ie John Smith Photo). Have the following items ready when you submit your application:
2014 submission is now open. Click here to apply.
- Description of the project (750 character limit)
- Written Statement (500 character limit) - how this award would contribute to the success of your collection-based work
- Budget with major categories defining how the prize will be utilized.
- Nominee photo
Award applications close April 22, 2014.
You may now view the approved 2014 award amounts HERE.
Royal Ontario Museum
Toronto, Ont. CANADA
View past award winners