|© Michael Skrepnick
The A.S. Romer - G.G. Simpson medal, the society's highest award, is awarded for sustained and outstanding scholarly excellence in the discipline of Vertebrate Paleontology. Learn more about Dr. Simpson or Dr. Romer
- Nominees do NOT need to be members of SVP.
How to Submit
Nominations should be submitted directly to the award chair, Anusuya Chinsamy-Turan
, via email.
Nominations are confidential and candidates should not be informed of the submission. Please include the following in your nomination documentation:
- A formal letter of nomination
- At least two (2) seconding letters of support. Each letter must bear the contact information of the person providing the letter (name, institution, phone and e-mail address). Nominating and supporting letters should explain how the individual fits the criteria for the award, emphasizing the nominee's contributions to Vertebrate Paleontology over the span of his/her career.
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Nominees may include vertebrate paleontologists who have made outstanding and sustained contributions to the field from mid to senior career levels.
Award applications are now closed for 2013. Check back for 2014 early next year.
View past award winners