About the Society Awards Romer-Simpson Medal
|© Michael Skrepnick
The A.S. Romer - G.G. Simpson medal, the society's highest award, is awarded for sustained and outstanding scholarly excellence in the discipline of Vertebrate Paleontology. Learn more about Dr. Simpson or Dr. Romer
- Nominees do NOT need to be members of SVP.
How to Submit
Submit nominations via the online award submission system.
Nominations are confidential and candidates should not be informed of the submission. Please include the following in your nomination documentation:
- A formal letter of nomination
- At least two (2) seconding letters of support. Each letter must bear the contact information of the person providing the letter (name, institution, phone and e-mail address). Nominating and supporting letters should explain how the individual fits the criteria for the award, emphasizing the nominee's contributions to Vertebrate Paleontology over the span of his/her career.
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Nominees may include vertebrate paleontologists who have made outstanding and sustained contributions to the field from mid to senior career levels.
2017 award submission will open SOON! Click here to apply.
Submission deadline is March 15, 2017, 11:59 PM US EST.
View past award winners