About the Society Awards Student Member Travel
This program was developed to encourage student participation in the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology annual meeting.
- Current student membership in SVP is required.
You will not be able to apply for the award unless your membership is current in the system.
- Enrolled at a recognized academic institution
- First author on a submitted oral or poster presentation. You must apply for the award prior to receiving confirmation of your abstract acceptance due to decision timelines. Final award decisions will be announced once abstract acceptance has been confirmed by the Program Committee.
- Register for the conference once the registration system opens. Registration will be confirmed prior to final award decisions.
- Previous grantees are NOT eligible.
How to Apply
Please utilize the SVP online award submission system to apply. Any materials sent by e-mail, fax or mail will NOT be reviewed. Once you click "submit" the award application is complete so be sure to double check that all fields and uploads are exactly as you wish BEFORE clicking "submit". Be sure to name all uploaded documents with your name and a description of the attachment (ie John Smith Photo). Have the following items ready when you submit your application in addition to basic institution and advisor information.
- Submitted Abstract title and authorship information.
- Detailed financial information about additional funding you are already receiving to attend the meeting.
- A Personal Statement describing how attending the annual meeting would contribute to your academic program (750 character limit). Note the review panel seriously consider these statements. Take special care to focus on this written statement regarding the significance of attending the meeting, it's effective contribution to your academic program and include information about the presentation, (panel does not see submitted abstract). Lack of this statement will result in disqualification of the application.
2017 award submission is now open! Click here to apply.
Submission deadline is March 15, 2017, 11:59 PM US EST.
You may now view the approved 2017 award amounts HERE.
Margaret E. Lewis
Associate Professor Biology
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey NAMS-Biology
PO Box 195
Pomona, NJ 08240-0195
View past award winners