Developing Nation Institutional Membership
This program was established to increase access to electronic-based publications and news of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology for institutions based in areas with developing economies. The aim is to promote access by scientists and students to the scientific activities of the society. The program is particularly intended for those who are based at institutions with limited funds.
- Nominations must be made by current SVP members.
- Eligibility is limited to institutions established in economically-disadvantaged nations, as defined by a ranking of <0.75 UN Development Index.
- Up to five institutions may be selected for Institutional Membership.
How to Apply
Please utilize the SVP online award submission system to apply. Any materials sent by e-mail, fax or mail will NOT be reviewed. Once you click "submit" the award application is complete so be sure to double check that all fields and uploads are exactly as you wish BEFORE clicking "submit". Be sure to name all uploaded documents with your name and a description of the attachment (ie John Smith Photo). Have the following items ready when you submit your application:
- Description of the Institution's Activities - A description (one page, single-spaced) of the institution’s activities and how increased access to SVP would enhance research by scientists and students at the institution.
- Description of the Institution's Scientific Role - Specifically describe the scientific role of this institution, including the number of scientists currently affiliated with it, their scientific activities, the nature of any vertebrate collections housed there, and the number of students involved, with their university affiliations. Applications are enhanced by demonstration of an active role in teaching by the institution.
- Nominee/Institution photo
2015 award submission is now OPEN. Click HERE to apply. Application deadline is April 22, 2015.
Margaret E. Lewis
Associate Professor Biology
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
View past award winners