*Please note: There is no Speaker Ready Room this year. Please take your presentation on a flash drive to the technician in your session room at least 30 minutes in advance of your session.
Presentation Information and Instructions
- Session rooms will be equipped with a data projector, screen, PC and MAC computer, as well as a Lecture microphone, head table microphone and aisle microphone depending on room size.
- Speakers must arrive in the session room 30 MINUTES before their session begins. Please note that there will be no speaker preview room at the Estrel. Speakers must arrive in the session room 30 MINUTES before their session begins to hand over their presentation to the AV technician in the room.
- All technical and symposia session rooms will have an in room AV technician for assistance.
- Please note: session rooms do not have hard wire internet. Although general group WIFI is available in the session room areas, it may not be suitable for Skype, streaming, uploads/downloads that require very high speeds or dedicated lines.
- When preparing your presentation, please use standard fonts (e.g., Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica, etc.). If you are using a font that is not standard, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation.
- Bring your presentation on a readable USB flash drive or CD-ROM.
- Include any external files utilized, e.g. movie files, in the same folder as your presentation. Copy the entire folder to the USB flash drive or CD ROM/DVD.
- Test your presentation on a separate compatible computer to ensure that the fonts are standard and components such as movies are included rather than merely linked in your presentation.
- The operating system on the session room PCs will be Windows 7 Professional, and software will include: Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat Reader X,QuickTime*, Windows Media Player, Flash Player, VLC Player. AppleMac Book Pro is also provided in sessions rooms .
- MAC computers located in session rooms will be equipped with Keynote.
- We recommend that presenters bring a backup of their presentation on an alternative storage medium to cover the possibility of luggage loss, theft, and/or incompatibility.
You do not need to bring your own laptop to the meeting room. However, if you would prefer to use your own laptop for your presentation, please review the following:
- You must have an HD 15 pin female VGA output. Some laptops have a special interface cable that attaches to their output to hook to external switchers, monitors, data projectors.THESE ADAPTERS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED AT THE MEETING.
- Presenters must copy all external files in their PowerPoint presentations. This includes movie or sound files.
- Set the output resolution to XGA (1024x768). The session room data projectors native resolution is 1024x768, higher resolutions will force the data projector into a compression mode and could possibly lose display information.