Guideline for Oral Presentations
Speaker Ready Room – Beaudry B
The Speaker Ready Room will be open on Monday, October 28, from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. From Tuesday, October 29, through Saturday, November 2, the Speaker Ready Room will be open from 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
All speakers should check their presentations in the Speaker Ready Room at least 4 hours in advance to verify they will be presentable on the PC provided. Presenters electing to use their own Mac computers for presentation must bring their adapters and power supplies in order to interface with LCD projectors.
Presentation Information and Instructions
- Session rooms will be equipped with a data projector, screen, a PC with a Windows-readable USB flash drive and CD-ROM drive, as well as a Lecture microphone, table microphone and aisle microphone.
- Speakers must arrive in the session room ½ hour before their session begins. Please note: session rooms do not have Internet access.
- When preparing your presentation, please use standard fonts (e.g., Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica, etc.). If you are using a font that is not standard, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation.
- Bring your presentation on a Windows readable USB flash drive or CD-ROM. NOTE: Macs can write to a PC-formatted readable flash drive.
- Test standard presentations in the Speaker Ready Room at least 4 hours in advance of speaking.
- Include any external files utilized, e.g. movie files, in the same folder as your presentation. Copy the entire folder to the USB flash drive or CD ROM/DVD.
- Test your presentation on a separate PC compatible computer to ensure that the fonts are standard and components such as movies are included rather than merely linked in your presentation.
- The operating system on the session room PCs will be Windows 7 Professional, and software will include: Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat Reader X, QuickTime*, Windows Media Player, Flash Player, VLC Player.
- We recommend that presenters bring a backup of their presentation on an alternative storage medium to cover the possibility of luggage loss, theft, and/or incompatibility.
You do not need to bring your own laptop to the meeting room. However, if you would prefer to use your own laptop for your presentation, please review the following:
- You must have an HD 15 pin female VGA output. Some laptops have a special interface cable that attaches to their output to hook to external switchers, monitors, data projectors.THESE ADAPTERS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED AT THE MEETING.
- Presenters must copy all external files in their PowerPoint presentations. This includes movie or sound files.
- Set the output resolution to XGA (1024x768). The session room data projectors native resolution is 1024x768, higher resolutions will force the data projector into a compression mode and could possibly lose display information.