SVP on Twitter
Follow SVP and comment about the Annual Meeting using hashtag #2017SVP.
Please follow the following social media guidelines before you tweet (or blog, or facebook, or instagam…)
The Society of Vertebrate Paleontology encourages open discussion on social media and other outlets at our annual meeting. In order to find a balance between embracing social media and protecting authors’ work, we set forth the following guidelines:
- SVP has an embargo in place on discussing presentations until the beginning of the talk or poster session. Please do not discuss presentations until this time if you do not have the authors’ permission to do so.
- This embargo exists to protect the authors. As an author, you have permission to break your own embargo or permit someone else to do the same. This includes discussing your own presentation online, posting slides or posters, etc. However, to protect yourself, make sure you are aware of any potential future publisher’s policies about early dissemination of work.
- Do not photograph or video tape a talk or poster without the authors’ express permission. Never post any images or video without the authors’ permission.
- While the default assumption is to allow open discussion of SVP presentations on social media, please respect any request by an author to not disseminate the contents of their talk. The following icon may be downloaded from the SVP website for inclusion on slides or posters to clearly express when an author does not want their results posted:
- We want to thank everyone for following these basic guidelines for online posts of all kinds. As a reminder, the official hashtag of the meeting is #2017SVP. We look forward to seeing your thoughts and discussion online!