SPEAKERS ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK IN AT THE SPEAKER READY ROOM THE DAY PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED SESSION SO THE SPEAKER READY ROOM TECHNICIAN CAN LOAD PRESENTATIONS ON COMPUTERS IN ADVANCE OF THE SESSION. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU FOLLOW THIS REQUEST IN ORDER TO ELIMINATE SCHEDULE DELAYS.
The speaker ready room is open during the following days/hours:
Tuesday, October 25 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday, October 26 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday, October 27 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday, October 28 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday, October 29 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Presentation Information and Instructions
- Session rooms will be equipped with a data projector, screen, PC and MAC computer, as well as a lecture microphone, head table microphone and aisle microphone depending on room size.
- Bring your presentation on a readable USB flash drive as a back-up.
- Session Rooms will have both a Mac and PC Laptop. Presenters are required to visit the Speaker Ready Room with their flash drive to ensure fonts display correctly and embedded videos play correctly on the laptops that are provided.
- All technical and symposia session rooms will have an in room AV technician for assistance.
- Please note: session rooms do not have hard wire internet. Although general group WIFI is available in the session room areas, it may not be suitable for Skype, streaming, uploads/downloads that require very high speeds or dedicated lines.
- When preparing your presentation, please use standard fonts (e.g., Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica, etc.). If you are using a font that is not standard, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation.
- Include any external files utilized, e.g. movie files, in the same folder as your presentation. Copy the entire folder to the USB flash drive.
- The operating system on the session room PCs will be Windows 7 Professional, and software will include: Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat Reader X,QuickTime*, Windows Media Player, Flash Player, VLC Player. AppleMac Book Pro is also provided in sessions rooms.
- MAC computers located in session rooms will be equipped with Keynote.
You do not need to bring your own laptop to the meeting room. However, if you would prefer to use your own laptop for your presentation, please review the following:
- We recommend that presenters bring a backup of their presentation on an alternative storage medium to cover the possibility of luggage loss, theft, and/or incompatibility.
- Some laptops have a special interface cable that attaches to their output to hook to external switchers, monitors, data projectors. Please bring the necessary adaptor to hook up to the DVI-D cable that will be supplied and run to the projectors. THESE ADAPTERS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED AT THE MEETING.
- Presenters must copy all external files in their PowerPoint presentations. This includes movie or sound files.
- Set the output resolution to XGA (1024x768). The session room data projectors native resolution is 1024x768, higher resolutions will force the data projector into a compression mode and could possibly lose display information. Digital (not analog) signal will be run to all projectors.
- Speakers using their own laptop should arrive at the session room at least 45 minutes prior to the session to allow time to set up and test your computer.